Florida Maritime Accident Attorneys
Injured in Florida Waters
Our coverage extends to all Florida waterways, including:
- Offshore oil workers in Florida, including those in the Gulf of Mexico or Atlantic Ocean, may be at risk of accidents or injuries on the job. These accidents could occur while drilling, producing, or transporting oil and gas, or while working on platforms, vessels, or other structures in the offshore environment. Injuries sustained by offshore oil workers could include falls, equipment failure, fires, or other types of incidents.
- Accidents in channels and ports along the Florida coast, such as Jacksonville Port (JAXPORT), Port of Miami, Port Everglades, Port Canaveral, Port Tampa Bay, and offshore drilling platforms may involve collisions between vessels, groundings or capsizing, pollution, or other types of incidents.
- Accidents and incidents could also happen on rivers across Florida, including the Miami River, St. Johns River, and Tampa Bay. These incidents could involve collisions between vessels or other types of accidents.
- Businesses in the area, such as those operating at various ports including Jacksonville Port (JAXPORT), Port of Miami, Port Everglades, Port Canaveral, Port Tampa Bay, and offshore drilling platforms, could also be affected by accidents or incidents involving oil drilling or other operations in the Gulf Coast region or Atlantic Ocean, such as oil spills or chemical releases, which could result in business interruption.
- Popular Florida ports for cruise ships, such as Jacksonville Port (JAXPORT), Port of Miami, Port Everglades, and Port Canaveral. Passengers or workers injured aboard a ship in the Gulf of Mexico or Atlantic Ocean may be able to pursue claims in state or federal court if an accident or injury occurs.
If you or a loved one has suffered a maritime injury or death in Florida, contact our experienced attorneys at Doyle Dennis LLP today for a free consultation. We’re here to help you navigate the complex legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our Florida Jones Act Attorneys
At Doyle Dennis LLP, our experienced Florida Jones Act attorneys have the knowledge and skill to help you navigate this challenging area of the law and get the compensation you deserve.
Maritime law, also known as admiralty law, covers a wide range of activities, including ship construction, operation, and maintenance, as well as the transportation of goods and passengers by sea. Whether you’ve been injured in a boating accident, suffered a slip and fall on a ship, or tragically lost a loved one due to a maritime accident, our team is here to fight for your rights.
Our firm can help you understand your legal options and build a strong case on your behalf. We know how devastating a maritime accident can be, and we’re committed to helping you get the justice and compensation you deserve. Don’t wait to get the legal help you need. Contact us today for a free consultation and see how our attorneys can help you.
What is the Jones Act?
The Jones Act is a federal law that not only protects traditional ship workers, but also those working on offshore drilling rigs and platforms. If an employee on one of these platforms is injured on the job, they may have the right to file a lawsuit against their employer. The Jones Act also establishes the rights and responsibilities of seamen working on American-flagged ships, including the right to sue for job-related injuries and the requirement for ship owners to provide a safe work environment. These legal protections are in place to ensure that seamen are treated fairly and receive proper compensation for any injuries sustained while working at sea. By extending these protections to a wider range of maritime workers, the Jones Act helps to safeguard the well-being and rights of those working in the maritime industry. The Jones Act is a crucial legal tool that helps injured seamen receive compensation for their injuries and lost wages.If you’ve been injured while working as a seaman, you may be able to file a Jones Act lawsuit against your employer. To maximize your chances of success, it’s essential to work with experienced maritime attorneys such as Doyle Dennis LLP who understand the complexities of the Jones Act and can effectively advocate on your behalf. Our firm has decades of litigation experience and success in Jones Act cases in a wide variety of states and jurisdictions. Please contact our maritime legal team today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your rights.
What are you entitled to as a seaman under the Jones Act?
As a seaman, protected under the Jones Act, you have the right to receive compensation for any injuries sustained, regardless of the cause or fault. This compensation covers both maintenance and cure until you reach maximum medical improvement (MMI) or maximum cure. Maintenance is a sum of money designed to help you meet your daily basic living expenses, while cure covers the medical costs incurred as a result of your injury. When you reach MMI or maximum cure, it signifies that your medical condition has improved to the fullest extent possible, and no further medical treatment can enhance your recovery. Therefore, it is important to know your rights as a seaman under the Jones Act to ensure that you receive fair and just compensation.
Additionally, if your employer or other parties are at fault you may be entitled to additional damages if the incident involved negligence.
Under the Jones Act, you’re entitled to recover damages due to negligence for:
- Lost earnings and lost earning capacity: This includes compensation for the income you lost as a result of your Florida Maritime injury and the income you’ll lose in the future because of your injury.
- Past, present, and future medical expenses: This includes compensation for the medical expenses you’ve already incurred as a result of your injury, as well as the medical expenses you’ll incur in the future.
- Past, present, and future pain, suffering, and mental anguish: This includes compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering you’ve experienced as a result of your injury, as well as the pain and suffering you’ll experience in the future.
When it comes to seeking compensation for a Florida Maritime Injury through a Jones Act lawsuit, the outcome may largely depend on the expertise and skill of your attorney. It is essential to conduct thorough research and find a legal team that you can trust to navigate the intricacies of offshore claims and achieve the results you deserve.
At Doyle Dennis LLP, we take pride in our ability to guide clients from various cities worldwide through the complexities of admiralty litigation. Our attorneys have a wealth of experience and knowledge in handling Jones Act claims, and we are committed to helping you pursue justice. Don’t hesitate to contact Doyle Dennis LLP today to discuss how we can assist you in your Florida Jones Act lawsuit.
Why do you need a Florida Maritime Attorney?
Maritime workers in Florida face numerous risks while on the job, and accidents and injuries can occur. If you’re ever unfortunately injured in a maritime accident, it’s critical to have a specialized Florida maritime attorney by your side.
A specialized Florida maritime attorney possesses the expertise to navigate the intricate legal process that comes with maritime injuries. They can guide you through admiralty law, maritime personal injury claims, and general maritime law claims.
If you’re a seaman who has suffered injuries while working on a vessel, the Jones Act provides protection for you. A specialized Florida maritime attorney can assist you in understanding your rights under this federal law and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve, such as lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering.
Furthermore, the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act provides benefits to workers injured on or near navigable waters of the United States. A specialized Florida maritime attorney can help you file a claim and guarantee that you receive the benefits you’re entitled to.
A specialized Florida maritime attorney can also help you with general maritime law claims, such as those related to negligence or unseaworthiness. They can help you file a claim and represent you in court if necessary, ensuring that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
Ultimately, if you’re a maritime worker in Florida who has been injured in an accident, it’s crucial to seek the assistance of a specialized Florida maritime attorney. They possess the knowledge and experience to help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights, ensuring that you receive fair compensation and a resolution that safeguards your interests.
Professional and Experienced Florida Maritime Accident Attorneys
An example of our Firm’s Past Florida Maritime Cases includes:
- Representing a Maritime Project Manager injured while fulfilling their work duties for their Florida Maritime Employer. While fulfilling their work obligations, the client walked across a negligently constructed gangway which was unstable and unsafe. Due to the instability, the client unfortunately fell violently and suffered serious injuries to their neck and body generally. Doyle Dennis LLP was able to guide this client through a Florida Maritime lawsuit and help them proceed with their lives. The case ultimately concluded with our client reaching a confidential settlement with the involved parties.
Florida Maritime Injury? Discover How a Jones Act Lawyer Can Help You Secure Financial Recovery
If you are seeking legal representation for a maritime injury case in Florida, you need a team of attorneys who are not only knowledgeable and experienced, but who also have a proven track record of securing substantial judgments and settlements for their clients. Look no further than Doyle Dennis LLP. Our attorneys possess a deep understanding of the complexities of maritime law, and their expertise allows them to apply maximum pressure to your employer or their insurers. Our wealth of knowledge and experience in the field makes us a formidable ally for offshore injury clients. With our team of experienced trial attorneys, we can prepare your case for presentation to a jury, giving you the best chance at a successful verdict. Trust us to fight for your rights and to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Choose Doyle Dennis LLP to be your partner in the legal battle ahead.
The Benefits of Hiring a Maritime Injury Attorney in Florida:
- Starting your Florida Maritime Legal Claim
Filing a claim in maritime law can be a daunting and complex process. As Jones Act attorneys with extensive experience in the field, we have a deep understanding of the laws and regulations governing maritime and offshore cases. We can help you navigate through the various local, state, and federal laws that may apply to your case, and provide you with a clear understanding of how they can impact your legal claim. Our attorneys will work with you to ensure that your case is filed in the proper jurisdiction, maximizing your chances of a successful outcome. With our expertise and guidance, you can trust that your case is in capable hands.
- The Pretrial Investigation: An Overview of Discovery
Navigating the discovery process in a Jones Act lawsuit can be challenging and requires a deep understanding of the legal system. At our admiralty law firm, we have extensive experience in litigating Jones Act cases and can guide you through the complexities of the discovery process. Our team of skilled attorneys has a deep understanding of the tactics used by opposing parties to obstruct discovery and will work tirelessly to ensure that you obtain the information necessary to build a strong case. By leveraging our knowledge and experience, we can help you navigate the process with confidence and give you the best possible chance at success.
- The Deposition Process: What to Expect
One of the ways a Florida Maritime attorney can help is by assisting with depositions. When giving and taking depositions, it’s important to have a lawyer by your side who can ensure that any questions asked are relevant and appropriate, while also guiding you through your legal obligations. A skilled maritime trial attorney will also be able to depose the defendants in a thorough and persistent manner that aims to reveal the truth. Additionally, they can provide valuable insight into the potential effects of the depositions on your case and help you prepare and understand the process. With the assistance of a Florida Jones Act attorney, you can navigate depositions with confidence and increase your chances of a successful outcome in your case.
- Resolving Florida Maritime Disputes through Negotiation
A Florida Jones Act attorney can be instrumental in helping you navigate negotiations related to your legal case. With years of experience handling a diverse range of litigated cases, our attorneys have an in-depth understanding of the various processes involved in settling a claim. Whether through mediation or arbitration, our attorneys have the expertise to assess the true value of your claim and guide you through negotiations. By working closely with you and helping you make informed decisions, our attorneys can ensure that you receive the best possible outcome for your future.
- Litigating Your Case at Trial
When it comes to Jones Act lawsuits, many cases that aren’t resolved through negotiations ultimately end up in front of a jury. Presenting a maritime case to a jury is a specialized skill that requires both experience and talent. At our maritime law firm, our team of trial attorneys, including Michael Doyle, Patrick Dennis, and Jeff Avery, has extensive experience in the courtroom and knows how to successfully present a case to a jury. Our attorneys recognize that effectively presenting a case to a jury requires ongoing practice and skill development. That’s why we work with experts in trial research and preparation to continually enhance our skills and fight vigorously for our clients. With our team of skilled trial attorneys by your side, you can trust that your case will be presented to the jury with the utmost skill and expertise, maximizing your chances for success.
Ultimately, the maritime law firm you choose to represent you can make the difference in the outcome of your case. Our experienced attorneys at a top-rated Maritime Law Firm are well-versed in the complexities of maritime law and have a proven track record of successfully navigating through even the most challenging cases. We are committed to fighting tirelessly on your behalf to help you get the compensation and justice you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and see how we can help you with your maritime legal needs.
Why choose Doyle Dennis LLP
Selecting the right law firm for your Florida maritime law case can be a critical decision. At Doyle Dennis LLP we pride ourselves on our team’s unmatched skill, extensive experience, and a worldwide reputation for success. Our attorneys have secured favorable outcomes for clients in diverse industries and backgrounds, resolving even the most complex maritime legal challenges with a strategic, results-oriented approach. We understand that clear communication is essential, and our team will work closely with you to ensure you are informed and involved in the decision-making process. With Doyle Dennis LLP you can trust that you will receive the personalized attention, expert counsel, and dedicated representation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and discover why so many have put their trust in our capable hands.