Patrick M. Dennis
Patrick obtained a B.S. in Political Science at The University of Houston, where he graduated summa cum laude. At The University of Houston, Patrick was active in the Spirit of Houston Marching Band and supporting Cougar Athletics.
Patrick received his J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law, where he graduated with Honors. Patrick practiced litigation at Vinson & Elkins in Houston for three years before joining Doyle LLP in 2007. Patrick was admitted to the Texas Bar in 2004 and the Arizona Bar in 2012.
Patrick’s trial experience includes successfully serving as first chair trial attorney of a Jones Act/Maritime arbitration, successfully serving as first chair trial attorney in a personal injury, premises liability jury trial, and participating in a multi-week trial against a government contractor leading to a highly favorable verdict for the client, among many other trials.
In his time away from work, Patrick enjoys spending time with his wife and three children and supporting athletics at The University of Houston as a longtime season ticket holder and member of the 46ers, an organization dedicated to supporting the Houston Cougar Football Program.
- Texas, 2004
- Arizona, September 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- Honors: Graduated with Honors
- Law Journal: The Review of Litigation, Staff Member
- University of Houston, Houston
- Recent Developments in Products, General Liability, and Consumer Law, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, Volume 42/Issue 2, Winter 2007, 2007
- «Insurance Bad Faith: Into the Heart of Darkness», Texas Advanced Personal Injury Law Course 2011, State Bar of Texas, September 15, 2011 and November 3, 2011
- «Insurance Bad Faith Case Law Update», Workers’ Compensation New Legislation and Case Law Update Seminar, Workers’ Comp Publications and Rogers, Booker and Lewis, P.C., July 24, 2009
- «Insurance Bad Faith», Official Disability Guidelines (ODG) Conference, The Center for Injured Workers, Inc., August 14, 2009
- «Damages from the Plaintiff’s Perspective», Trucking Litigation and D.O.T. Regulations Seminar, Lorman, December 13, 2008
- «Damages Available in Trucking Litigation Personal Injury Actions», Trucking Litigation and D.O.T. Regulations in Texas Seminar, Lorman, December 13, 2007
- Contribution and Indemnity, University of Houston Advanced Civil Litigation Course, 2005
Honors and Awards:
Super Lawyers, Texas Rising Star, a Thomson Reuters business, 2009 – 2017
- Included in H Texas magazine’s «Houston’s Top Lawyers» in the area of Maritime Law , 2011, 2012, 2013